Huntswood is looking for a DevOps Engineer to drive the implementation of automation in Huntswood. Working as part of our large IT team on our Head Office in Central Reading, the DevOps Engineer will be constantly looking for opportunities where we can improve our processes through automation and the adoption of new technologies, then designing and implementing that solution.
Using your skills and experience you will provide direction and execute on automation, security, continuous integration, improvement of existing features, deployment, and rollout of new services. As a champion of new technologies, you will use your passion for IT to show how new technology can use to improve Huntswood and make a difference.
The ideal DevOps Engineer will have
- Strong in scripting languages, ideally bash, python and Windows PowerShell
- Strong AWS experience in an Enterprise. We are using: EC2, Fargate, Connect, Cognito, DocumentDB, MariaDB
- Good level of understanding of Linux and of Microsoft Windows
- Experienced in utilising third part APIs in scripting
- Good level of understanding of TCP/IP networking and associated services.
- Implementation experience with Configuration Management tools i.e. Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.
- Excellent business communication skills, able to communicate at all levels.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery concepts inc. IaaC (Infrastructure as a Code) and toolsets (Jenkins, docker)
- Ability to occasionally work out of hours to avoid disruption to end users and join the out of hours rota
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Delivery concepts
- Experienced working in an Agile environment
- Experienced implementing new monitoring and reporting solutions
- Advanced understanding of physical computing environments including, physical servers, SAN technology, and networking devices
- Experience of working with ISO27001:2013 onwards
- Experience working on projects and breaking down projects into actions
- Full and clean driving license
Huntswood delivers resourcing, outsourcing and advisory services from complaints to customers service, remediation to resilience - bring together the people, processes, and knowledge that business need to succeed. We're built on the ambition to make a positive difference. It's what Huntswood has done since we opened our doors 25 years ago and it's what every single one of us strives for today. We put the right people in the right place at the right time - whether it's our head office staff or our dedicated team of associates. Together we've got an outstanding track record of deliver, the depth of expertise and the flexibility of approach to be the trusted partner our client deserves
What you will get from Huntswood
- A very competitive basic salary of £50,000
- Take advantage of our flexible benefit scheme so that you pick what works for you
- Look after your future with our company pension scheme
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."
Interested in this DevOps opportunity? Apply now.
To help you stay safe in your job search Huntswood will only ask for contact details via email when first contacting you and not any other personal details.
Please complete the following fields.