Huntswood is looking for an experience financial controller will be responsible for all the UK transactional finance functions within the business.
Based in our Head office in Central Reading, as a Financial Controller you will be responsible for all the UK transactional finance functions within the business and needs to ensure the smooth running and accuracy of each department, to include payroll & benefits, treasury, accounts receivable, accounts payable and operational finance.
You will use your accounting qualifications and your working knowledge of payroll taxes, VAT and associate legislation to take overall responsibility and control of all the transactional finance functions of the business. You will also control the company timesheet system to ensure the correct recording of all associate time and expenses, as well as being in charge for all cash management and cashflow forecasting - to include maintaining the day-to-day relationship with the Group's bankers.
You will also support Huntswood's CFO in ad hoc project as well as other duties.
The ideal Financial Controller will have
- Previous experience as a Financial Controller, Finance Manager or Company Accountant with proven ability to manage a busy Finance Department
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification or be qualified by experience
- Excellent working knowledge of payroll taxes, VAT and associated legislation
- Advanced MS Excel skills and knowledge of financial systems, ideally Oracle NetSuite
- Strong analytical and logical skills, and attention to detail combined with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Display a positive, proactive and flexible approach to any task and have the ability to deliver in a fast-paced and challenging environment and to tight deadlines
- Strong influencing, presentation, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work on their own as well as in a team, and not afraid to take on a hands-on role
Huntswood delivers resourcing, outsourcing and advisory services from complaints to customers service, remediation to resilience - bring together the people, processes, and knowledge that business need to succeed. We're built on the ambition to make a positive difference. It's what Huntswood has done since we opened our doors 25 years ago and it's what every single one of us strives for today. We put the right people in the right place at the right time - whether it's our head office staff or our dedicated team of associates. Together we've got an outstanding track record of deliver, the depth of expertise and the flexibility of approach to be the trusted partner our client deserves.
What you will get from Huntswood
- A very competitive basic salary of £75,000
- Take advantage of our flexible benefit scheme so that you pick what works for you
- Look after your future with our company pension scheme
- Scope to work on a hybrid basis both in the office and from home
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."
Interested in this Financial Controller opportunity? Apply now.
Please complete the following fields.