Huntswood is searching for a Senior Compliance Manager for a Durban Head Office. Supporting the Head of Risk the Senior Compliance Manager will ensure that the business has risk and audit frameworks and activities established which are fit for purpose within its Call Centre environments.
As a Senior Compliance Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that appropriate risk & audit activities, behaviours, processes and controls are established across the business to mitigate risks and manage issues arising.
As a Senior Compliance Manager you will:
- Establish, drive, and embed best practices for compliance and risk identification and management
- Daily management of compliance operations within Huntswood's South Africa business
- Keeps Huntswood's Senior Leadership Team regularly updated on compliance incidents and risks faced by the business following Huntswood's risk management framework. Be a source of advice on effective mitigating actions (corrective & preventive)
- Manage stakeholders at all levels within Huntswood, ensuring strong relationships are built and maintained. Instil confidence across the Huntswood business that compliance and risks are identified and mitigated
- Ensure all relevant Huntswood representatives receive regular compliance training
- Keep up to date with current regulatory trends and ensure Huntswood effectively controls current threats and vulnerabilities faced by the business
- Use up to date communication methods to provide awareness and news updates
- Be the contact point for reported compliance incidents in South Africa and effectively manage them through to their conclusion by ensuring the effective implementation of corrective and preventive actions
- Provide SME input to commercial activity (i.e., bids/RFP responses) and project/proposition developments to ensure new onboarding client operating frameworks do not pose a risk to Huntswood
- Interaction with existing and potential clients to provide assurance of Huntswood's commitment and understanding of compliance
- Carry out internal auditing in areas of 1st line controls. Liaise with and support Huntswood's internal audit team to ensure auditing is effective and that any nonconformity is corrected in an effective and timely manner
- Engage with the Huntswood legal team to ensure that compliance in both client and supplier contracts are effectively managed
Skills a Senior Compliance Manager will have:
- Previous experience of carrying out risk based compliance monitoring and reviews
- Understanding of UK regulated bodies (FCA, CAA, Ofgem etc) including both current and emerging issues affecting contact centre environments
- Detailed understanding of risk management
- Ability to lead, drive and embed revised and new processes, procedures, and best practices
- Ability to undertake or facilitate business impact assessments
- Ability to work professionally and constructively within a team environment providing advice and consultancy
- Excellent business communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Up to date knowledge of current threats and vulnerabilities facing the modern business today with the ability to learn and keep abreast of emerging threats
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate good business acumen
- Good time management and project management skills
- Ability and experience in working and communicating effectively with both technical and operational stakeholders in information security and business continuity matters
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."
Interested in this Senior Compliance Manager opportunity? Apply now.
Senior Compliance Manager
Please complete the following fields.